Sunday, October 06, 2002

dragon scarves

the very nice girl at guss's loved my necklace. where did you get it? so i told her my andrea scher story (read about her online and then contacted her and then she wrote me a great email back and then i got my necklace and it is g-reat and i love love love love it.). so she went to the web site and is in the process of getting her own superhero necklace too.

hmmm, i says to myself. i wonder if it's time for another necklace. and in truth it is but first things first. my eye got caught by the mention of scarves and then click and they are all blue&dragon (old joke). in real life they are white fur and all kinds of other colors (red dragon, blue dragon, gold dragon, etc). i cannot tell you how perfect this will be for december up in pullahari. ;) so, my order is in the works.

meanwhile, if anyone feels gift-ally inclined, i am eye-ing the spice semi-precious necklace.

stange noticings
my ability to spell is waning. as is my ability to choose the right version of where/wear, my ability to use correct punctuation, and my ability to pay attention to any details at all. ever. this is not good.

fast runner slowly gets to slo town
about a million years later, fast runner came to slo town. and it's a sell out. i met ryan h. (not capo) and justin there and they were kind enough to buy me a ticket in advance. the tall guy sitting in front of me was also kind enough to remove both his hat and his glasses, both of which were propped atop his noggin. since the movie is subtitled, i was having a hard time reading around his head and then his glasses distorted words in the middle of the screen. i hate to ask people to do little things like that... but sometimes you just gotta take the assertive movie-goin' route. and besides all that, the movie was good. thumbs up. go see it if you can handle the slow pace. (yes, ironic title).

exhaustion abounds
i dunno what it is but this weekend found me beyond tired. i blame wednesday and thursday. so tired i didn't get to make it to rbean's wedding [insert tears and kicking foot at the ground]. it was a painful exhaustion, the kind that soaks into your bones and seeps into your eyelids. i'm pretty bummed about missing the bean nuptials, but take solace in that there is a huge shindig in the works for the same wedded pair next summer in the big apple. and that i will not miss that for the world.

No comments: