Saturday, September 16, 2006

heirlooms loom tastily


heirlooms loom tastily, originally uploaded by emdot.

goood morning: it's fall

I just slipped on both a sweater and socks. SOCKS!! Cozy super soft bright red socks, but still socks and that can mean only one thing: the season is changing.

Yet, it's supposed to be 80 degrees or so here today -- offshore winds blowing in the heat. Nippy mornings yielding to offshore winds bringing in hot hot beautiful days = fall. = socks. = a signal of change.

I will readily admit that I love a lot of things. But offshore winds are way way up there. I love offshore. I hope to get to the beach today or tomorrow, take Mr. 7s and do some rock - shell bounty hunting.

the mystery gift

I got a mystery gift Thursday night. A book. Sent from the UK. Written by a Norwegian. It looks great. I read the first page -- I was hooked. (That is my litmus test: books must grab me in the first page). But I have no idea who sent me this book. I friend in the UK? Pat from Norway? Who who who? If you are the benevolent gift sender, please let me know so I can tell you thank you. Very thoughtful. Can't wait to read it.

No comments: