Monday, June 29, 2009

I just heard about this...

just what the doctor ordered

And oh man I want to go. This is exactly what I've been wanting: a retreat; to be with Sangha; to hear the Sakyong; to hear Pema; to be in the mountains (oh man I want to be in the Rockies surrounded by aspen yes! with afternoon thunderstorms yes yes!); to sit on my cushion; to simplify everything; to quiet my mind.

I love Shambhala Mountain Center so much. Some places just capture my heart immediately (the high desert has been featured prominently recently, but there are of course others) and SMC is definitely one of those places. I was lucky enough to be at the Consecration of the Great Stupa of Dharmakaya back in 01 and things really fell into place for me after that. I would like that very much again.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

oooooh. i really want you to go, too. i will say a few thousand good wishes for this :)

Anonymous said...

Go. go go go. Go. I'm hoping so much you do.

Unknown said...

I would like permission to use your hair picture in an online course about action research for teachers in Florida. You would be cited as the source. Thanks, Sandra Hancock
BeaconEducator, Bay District Schools

norrbu said...

I'm glad I came across this. I've been meaning to visit a monastery of late -- haven't been in one in seven years.