Thursday, January 07, 2010

san simeon (1/52)


san simeon (1/52), originally uploaded by emdot.

52 Weeks is a Flickr project/group where one takes a self portrait each week for a year. Last year Orrin did it and I was in love with his project! I loved it so much -- and he had a big year as his first child was born. It was very inspiring. I've been thinking about doing this project for about a month. I'm starting with the new year.

What I wrote on Flickr


I took a photo each day this week, wondering which of the photos I would choose for my inaugural photo. I chose this one, which was taken off the side of Highway 1 in San Simeon California after 7s and I went to see the Elephant Seals in Piedras Blancas. Last day of Christmas Vacation.

I'm ridiculously excited about this year. Yea 2010! Yea new decade!

Week Highlights
  • New Year's Day
  • Taking the flags up
  • Seeing the elephant seals
  • Taking down Christmas
  • Going back to work
  • Hurting my back (ow!)
  • Sewing curtains
  • NY's lunch with Cami, Tom, Dan, Becky, Gregg, Doreen, Jim, Anna, Shane, Kaz, and Steve (on the 2nd, not the first cuz we were all pooped on the first)

No comments: