Sunday, May 11, 2003

okay, and now it's really not that bad

i love it when you are [simon & garfunkle] weary, feeling low and from out of the wordwork come a bastion of believers-in-you. that is heart-swelling. ;) i feel lucky.

meanwhile, i had a great weekend. i spent mother's day with my father (and plan on spending father's day with my mom). my dad is wise. and sometimes full of shit [grin]. but mostly wise. and he gave me new glasses with which to see my reality. thank god. i needed that. we had a really nice, mellow, kickback weekend. we watched hockey, some boxing, and a snippet of the lakers (he caught more than me). and with janet we watched ice skating (wow. there was a lot of tv time this weekend). we talked a lot. we watched catch me if you can. he made excellent refriend-beans-and-eggs burritos (reminder to self: get the beans recipe; it was awesome. and janet made salmon to die for). we talked more. and more. and more. he's a good dad.

and i feel very thankful to have the parents i have. blessed is actually the word i would use. very blessed. to have both of them.

No comments: