Monday, May 26, 2003

what part is your favorite

a question for myself. my answer? poems for april. i just re-read them. they are like a collection of me. things i love. things i cherish. some of these poems transport me right back to where i was when i first read them. some of them represent the very core of me.

i know this is all precious and twee. i don't care. it's a phrase love affair.

i'm reading heart, you bully, you punk which is a phrase love affair, too. the plot? nothing new. the territory? familiar. the words? they seem to twirl and spin. i'm reading it for the phrasing. and, yeah, okay, the story too.

can you tell i'm procrastinating my long drive home?

my favorite is hitting the stretch between ventura and santa barbara at sunset. purple hills, sherbet sky, darkening to purple sky and invisible hills. so black they disappear.

No comments: