Sunday, September 25, 2005

the keri smith phenomenom

I can't explain this. I really can't. But there is something about keri smith's blog wish jar journal that makes me want to cry. not in a sad way. in a ... god I don't even know. In a... soul connection way. Does that make you roll your eyes or tsk tsk me? Please don't. I think it is that Keri lives her life really close to what is true for her. And she blogs about that. And there is a part of my soul (hey -- no eye rolling!) that identifies with it and kind of -- oh god, lame -- mourns the fact that I don't do this as much as I should. Argh. So lame, I know, but it is the truth for me.
"We are fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance."
— Japanese proverb
She and her husband (and another friend?) have recently made a movie about dancing in public. Read the story. It's a good one. And three cheers to Keri and Jeff who seem to live life completely true to themselves no matter what. You gotta admire that.

» Wish Jar Journal

No comments: