Thursday, March 14, 2002

open mic, part II

well okay. did my first open mic. wow -- so many physical reactions i wasn't prepared for and they are:

    constricted throat. where did my voice go?
    shaky leg -- my knee could not stop bouncing my leg
    i was just not in my body
    i had to start the first song over

but i got through it and everyone clapped and cheered. and i made my goal of open mic by april1. so, despite not performing like i wish i had, i view it as a complete success.

i figure i'll just go back over and over and over.

side note: v. cute boys at open mic. one who's name is Y.Y. is tall black and lanky with dreads almost to his ass. he just got back from a silent month-long vipashyana retreat in washington. so he talked my ear off about that (and commented on the irony). also chris, who sat next to me and was so physically "my type" i was laughing at myself.

No comments: