Saturday, January 04, 2003

the little things

stephan has a cool boss...

"In a time when businesses (even in Humboldt) feel that they will lose business if they don't put up an American flag, our store flies the flag of the United Nations. In our shop window we have the front page of the San Francisco Chronicle of January 17, 1991 which reads "US planes attack targets in Kuwait, Baghdad" and something about Bush addressing the American People. Will history repeat itself this January? Anyway, that's the kind of place I work in. Pretty lucky."

Stephs and his gf will visit from Arcada on Tuesday. I can't wait to see them.

Meanwhile, a seemingly very interesting Paul Hawken movie will be playing at the Palm that same night. I can't seem to find an official or definitive link for him...

In looking for a link on Paul Hawken I initially went the The Sun Magazine archives. If you've read my blog for a while you know how I feel about The Sun (I love it). I have given the Sun as a present more often than any other thing. I want everyone to have a subscription. Going back and searching for the Paul Hawkin article (which I never found; I am impatient) I stumbled across so many other amazing interviews that this magazine has blessed us with. Amazing people are on this planet and working to make a difference. Just read these articles. And one of them is Sy Safransky, the Sun's tireless editor. Someone I would love to meet.

No comments: