Friday, April 09, 2004

mysterious

so i was coming home from a little party. not a sit down cloth napkin party, but one with lots of people sitting on cement in front of a fire pit and a wild pinata that eluded its stick wielding nemises. it was a margarita and fish taco party and was fun. but cold. i was beyond chilly and so decided to walk home to find something warmer than my favorite flipflops (can't really call them thongs anymore can you?).

so i'm walking home. and it's a beautiful night. and i'm thinking hot damn i'm lucky right now and all other ridiculously happy thoughts that beseech you as you walk home on a spring evening after drinking two beers.

and i get to my house and i notice something leaning on my door. so i'm thinking federal express?! i couldn't remember ordering anything. and i get closer and instead it is a very very large volume of poetry. hard bound. just sitting there. against my door frame. no note. no inscription. just this very large tome of poems.

and i was so moved. because obviously this came from someone who is reading my blog and thought of me. little ol' me and my slight poetry obsession. and it completely made my day.

rance

so maybe this has already made the rounds and i am behind on things, but i have to give you the tip to go and check out rance. rance is an mysterious blogger (more mystery!): he tells you that he is a hollywood insider (screenwriter maybe, but definitely an established actor who makes big bank and is at times on the cover of checkout-line magazines) who on a whim started a blog last december. he's using a pseudonym and trying to protect the non-innocent (nonnocent?) and the innocent, and, well, his career. i read the tip on boingboing (who's saying that it is owen wilson and it very well could be) and went to check it out. fun read — i like it a lot. and i like it because it is so normal despite his more glamorous surroundings — he's just telling his every-day crap like the rest of us. read it while it's still there.

» rance

mystery solved

so the poetry book was from my sister. and if you knew me and my sister, well this would just put a big smile on my face. because though we love each other a lot... well, we just have different interests. and for her to go out of her way to find me a poetry book... really. it just makes it that much more sweeter.

and p.s. she was my first guess. ;) xoxo to the newly married becca.

No comments: