Monday, July 25, 2005

IMG_0641.JPG


IMG_0641.JPG
Originally uploaded by o2ma.
Yet another good blog post from Ottmar on "enligtenment."

A couple of years ago two friends had come over to complain about an aquaintance's proclamation that she had reached enligtenment.

Me being one of the few Buddhists that they knew could surely refute this woman's claim. "Okay, this is what she said," they said to me as they related the story.

Who am I to say if someone has reached enlightenment or not? Believe me, I'm not one to say. However, I do believe that we all can have moments and flashes of enlightenment. We can have them all the time. Any time, any day. Regardless of your religious affiliation or your beliefs, I'm sure you can think of several moments in your life when everything became perfectly clear, perfectly open, perfectly calm. These moments are fleeting, but I also believe, can come more often the better we are at learning to keep our minds still and our hearts open.

» Read Ottmar's post

No comments: