Sunday, July 10, 2005

rip tide: swim thataway


rip tide: swim thataway
Originally uploaded by emdot.
There were a couple of things I figured

Somethings become crystal clear the minute you allow the exact opposite thought to slip out of your mouth.

Things like "I've had these sunglasses for seven years," and all of a sudden you know in your gut that those sunglasses's days are numbered.

Lately I've been boasting about my level of health. While the last 18 months have been tough (okay, okay, I put on a happy face, but as stated before, the past three YEARS have been tough, but for different reasons), my health has been amazingly perfect. Perfect. Not a cough. Not a sneeze. There were a couple of times when I thought maybe a cold was coming on, but nothing a heavy dose of Wellness formula couldn't defend.

And so I've been boasting about my lack or cold or flu. And basking. Boasting. Basking. Until I left the job-that-sucked-my-soul-dry, I'd been frequently sick. Which I think has to do with being frequently stressed and working 60+ hours a week (and nine hours on Christmas that I'm still a little bitter about). I left the job and have not been sick since.

In the last couple of weeks, tho, my mom got sick, KB got sick and Matt got sick. Matt was sick for a couple of weeks.

So I bought a new bottle of Wellness Forumula. I'm not sick yet and I hope that sentence gets switched to "and I didn't get sick at all." But in the back of my mind I can't help but remember all that bad-karma-inducing boastfest. Damn my bragging! :)

The sunglasses bit the dust 10 days ago. Please dear god, spare the health! Spare the health!

No comments: