Wednesday, July 20, 2005

it's my life -- yeah -- swing it daddio!

I've been crowing about this CD for a couple of days, after hearing a few cuts from it on my public radio station. Paul Anka sings Nirvana, The Cure, and Van Halen like you've never heard them before.

I was telling someone else earlier, I love the cross-genre remakes. You know, like the Gourds covering Gin and Juice.

» Listen to the NPR segment

* * *

But, I forgot to turn "shuffle" off on iTunes (was going to settle in to an albumful of Anka) and the next song was Lambchop. I've said it before, but it bears repeating: I LOVE LAMBCHOP. I can't really tell you why.... but I do and there you have it.

Spent the evening with my sister. I really lucked out in the sibling department. It would be hard to find a sweeter person, truly. OH! And, me being the poor lacking-cable sod that I am, I was super excited about watching OLN at her house. Finally able to watch a little Tour de France. Go, Lance, Go!!

No comments: