Saturday, December 22, 2007

365 Self Portrats in one year


20.365 | new water filter = yea!, originally uploaded by emdot.

I mentioned in a post a few days ago that I started the 365 project in Flickr. For those of you not in the Flickrverse, it's a project where one joins and commits to taking a self portrait each day for a year. That's a whole lot of emdot, folks. I'm not sure if even I can handle it. :)

I thought that today I would point out the flickr stream of the person who inspired me to do the project, yellowbike. (That link goes straight to her 365 set, but I'm sure you can figure out how to see her flickr stream proper). I freaking love her self portraits. They make me smile, they make me want to take photographs, and they make me admire her life from far away.

It's funny because all this inspiration and she wasn't even one of my contacts. Well, I just rectified that. So everyone go go and check out her stream and enjoy! :)

(I would have used one of her photos here, but her photos are copyrighted and I'm very lazy with the whole plan-ahead thing that it would require for me to get her permission. So, you got a photo of me. HA!).

And p.p.s., click on the photo of me and learn why I am smiling. :)

6 comments:

M.C. Glammer said...

I just read on the BBC news site that the whole 8 daily glasses of water thing is a bit of a myth:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7153880.stm

Also in the news this week, UK tap water is better quality than bottled. Yay, the rain.

emdot said...

it's wrong that the drinking water here sucks so much. and i'm NOT clicking that bbc link. stupid bbc.

although, to their credit, i did see that their new media player's volume goes up to 11. ha. :) seriously.

(no. i don't really think the bbc is stupid. or is it are stupid? either way, i don't think so.)

Anonymous said...

Good luck doing the 365 thing. I couldn't inflict a daily photo of myself on everyone, but I am currently going through a 365 set where I just force myself to take photos every day (force is the wrong word - I'm enjoying it!).

As for posting copyrighted Flickr images, the Blogging rights are separate and she has the 'Blog This' button enabled on her photos, so if you set your blog up in Flickr for posting, you could include anyone's photos who allow blogging :)

Unknown said...

Good luck with the portrait project and thanks for all your lovely Flickr comments.

M.C. Glammer said...

The BBC are stupid but in this case it's American universityers they're reporting. And the Americans also say drinking too much water is actually dangerous. How much is too much they don't say but go easy on it, water junkies.

Stefan Jansson said...

I'm blaming my participation in this madness on you and Al!