Sunday, November 16, 2008

sunday morning light


sunday morning light, originally uploaded by emdot.

I'm reading Martha Beck's book Steering by Starlight for the second time in two weeks.

The first time I "read" it was on tape (or MP3 or iPod or however we say such things now). I did a couple of the exercises in real-time, but the listening was so good that it was hard to stop and do the exercises instead of just plowing ahead.

It ended and for days I was on the weirdest, nicest, calmest, happiest Vacation of Bliss I had ever experienced. This includes at least one day where I was in a situation that was Not So Good. But it just didn't stick (the Not So Goodness)... it kind of just slipped away (not that I was avoiding it).

This time I am reading the book (reading reading) and doing the exercises at the same time. And again with the happy lightness.

So, I urge you to get this book. And if nothing else, just read the first three chapters and do the exercises. Just that could set you into this wonderful zone as well. And I wish that for everybody. :)


Tidbits

Last night, dinner at Novo with Steve. Really fun and nice to be out having dinner. :)

I have SURRENDERED to the fact that I have allergies. Not a cold. This morning I took my first-ever Claritin D and man, I feel better. Still exhausted. But better.

Yesterday I stumbled upon the tail-end of the Proposition 8 Protest in Mitchell Park and took photos.

No comments: