Friday, May 24, 2002

french roast blues

i wrote a new song this morning. it's called I've Got the French Roast Blues. i'm a little surprised that no one here at work is really interested in the lyrics or in me singing it to them. okay, not surprised. but you think they would want a little fun in the morning. losers. oh well, it's for the best, since i've got to don a mississippi blues man's mean low growl which is hard on my little ol' feminine vocal chords. but still, it is fun to sing. ;)

well i woke up this morning, with the sun in my eyes
i said i woke up this morning, with the sun in my eyes
i'd better hang a curtain rod, so i can shut the blinds

well i woke up this morning, with no bread for my toast
well i woke up this morning baby, with no bread for my toast
not a heal or a crumb, left in the loaf

i woke up this morning and got the french roast blues
i said i woke up tired this morning and got me the french roast blues
so pour me some columbian, i guess that beggars can't choose

(works best if you can growl yer voice and leave lots of pauses between lines and play the guitar and slowly shake your head and add some cool little finger picking)

No comments: