Wednesday, June 02, 2004

deep sleep, deep college
changes and rants


At the risk of totally turning you off, here is the link that really touched my heart this morning: NYT article on Oregon's terminally ill patients. The multimedia link is really good. Personally, I don't think we talk about death enough. Personally, I want to look it right in the eye. I want to be there for you if you are looking it right in the eye. I want to acknowledge these great lives that touch us and then slowly blow out.

» oregon's terminal option
check out the multimedia link on the right-hand side

Deep Springs College. Now here's a place I would have wanted to go to if I were a male high school senior. This is just up my austere, community-monastic-leaning alley. I read an article in the latest Vanity Fair and the place sounds weird, challenging, brilliant and something that would change your life in the most impactful way.

» deep springs

The random things. I'm dying to shake this blog up. Totally change it -- from what I write to the way it's displayed. But especially from what I write. I've got these hankerings lately that surpass the daily regurgitation. I hope I find the time to do it.

And for my sister. Rance's cover might be blown. And under that cover there appears to be no Owen Wilson. Still, it was fun to try to figure him out, wasn't it? Bec and I had more than one conversation pondering on who the myseterious author could be. Hats off to the author for creating a fun illusion -- whether it is that he is an actor or not.

» no second rances

No comments: