Wednesday, April 20, 2005

linnaea's for breakfast


linnaea's for breakfast
Originally uploaded by emdot.
'morning

Fun morning surprise equals when a friend calls you on a workday and asks, "whatareyoudoingrightnow."

And it's still a little early and you haven't had coffee yet and you're parsing it all thinking, what am I doing? and so you answer, "Just starting my day."

And he says, "Well, you wanna start it at Linnaea's? I'll pick you up in five minutes."

And you think, "Five minutes. Five minutes... how long does it take to get dressed and brush hair and brush teeth?" But the words that come out of your mouth are "Yes yes Linnaea's come over and get me."

I love mornings like that.

- - - -

Two different songs on my iTunes this morning that made a smile spread across my face: 5 Times out of 100 by Hot Hot Heat and This Is Your Soul by Hothouse Flowers.

- - - -

Great fucking morning. Okay. But I gotta finish this press release. Got. To.

Hands are you listening? You'd better be listening. Fingers are you paying attention? You'd better be warmed up and limber and ready to do your little dance across the keyboard.

No comments: