Friday, April 29, 2005

Shadow


Shadow
Originally uploaded by o2ma.
more from ottmar
I myself am not particularly interested in Buddhism or in being a Buddhist. I am interested in being Buddha. Zen Buddhism is just the path I have chosen to become Buddha - or recognize that I am Buddha already, as Zen would say. Likewise I feel that more people should become Christ rather than remain Christians. There is a fundamental difference. One lives the absolute truth - or as close as one can get, the other follows the relative truth, one lives the rules or precepts, the other follows the rules, one lives love and compassion - the other talks about it. (whole entry here).


If I was a Christian this would be a statement I would really want to get behind. But I'm not sure I would have understood the meaning if I had not been a Buddhist, first.

This is reaching, but I'll still put it out there. It's like this photo. To be the tree or the shadow of the tree. And how do you see the tree? The whole tree? Or just the top with a big fence in front? Or just a shadow of the tree?

No comments: