Monday, October 31, 2005

a million little pieces


a million little pieces, originally uploaded by emdot.

I typically don't read Oprah's book club books, but I am a sucker for "recovery" books. (No, no, I myself am not an addict -- I just love the realness and rawness of recovery books).

The lovely sweetdogk, who is also my next-door-neighbor (but only for a few more weeks --tears--), heard about it and picked it up. She's a big reader and she said, "you can read it when I'm done. It's about an addict, so I know you'll love it." And I clapped my hands in anticipation. Good writing and addiction? Purr purr purr.

Then my mom picked it up and devoured it. She picked it up and read it because she heard someone say "I usually hate Oprah book club books, but this one? I couldn't put it down!" And my mom was thinking how much she typically hated OBC books, too and went out straight away and bought it and consumed it and licked her lips and then her fingers still loving the taste of the perfection of the book and then passed it on to me.

I began it late Saturday night. Sunday morning and early afternoon was spent with my good friend Heather, down from Berkeley, but the afternoon was thisbookonly. (Okay, did take breaks to upload bee picture and to watch Curb and Extras).

This morning I took advantage of my extra hour by reading another 60 pages. Only 40 left, but I must go to work.

Anyway. If you like addiction/recovery true story books, don't miss this one.

No comments: