Monday, June 04, 2007

One more thing about being sick and then I'll shut up about it already

Usually, the silver lining of being sick is that at least you are a few pounds lighter afterwards. Usually you lose your appetite and/or your tastebuds and/or your will to live, so why eat, right?

This has not been the case for me in the last few days. In fact, I have been more starving than normal and that is a lot of starving, people. I could probably eat eight times a day and still be ravenous. I'm pretty pissed off about this. Pissed off and tummy growly.

Whenever I use the word "starving" I think of this Slovak I once worked with. That is what we all called him, the Slovak. I think he even called himself the Slovak. And that now that I try to even think about this harder, I can't even remember his name. Something with a C and a V I think. But what I do remember is this little beauty about the word "starving."

We were having a long work day and the bosses were bringing in food for dinner and I was so hungry (as usual) and I said to him (the Slovak), whilst clutching my non-malnourished stomach, "oh my god I'm starving!!!" and he looked at me with this look that quite simply let me know that starving? He'd seen starving. And I was no starving.

Sigh. Yeah. Like I didn't know.

No comments: