Thursday, December 04, 2003

why do we blog? why do people have problems with it?

bean and sherry own winter

bean's blog today hit home. i blog for myself too. AND i find that i have a much happier diary to look back on, compared to my semi-morose and obsessive journals i've kept for years. my journals are just recurring theme upon recurring theme: waah waah waah. my blog i feel is more me. i guess my journals are more of a therapist.

blogging for yourself is what makes a blog a good blog: unselfconscious and authentic. plus, it's fun.

and i LOVE that bean blogs. i can't wait until rebel blogs (and we are slowly setting her up). they are two satelite pups i like to peek in on. same with carstereo, who doesn't blog as often or as juicy these days, but i like to check in on him: see what is making his mind churn and heart pump. isn't that what reading blogs is really about? plus, all three live far and away. it's good to have tastes of nyc, of boston. of berlin.

but for me, it's not voyeurism. it's just virtual conversations with drawings and links and verbal eye crinkles. viva la blog!

No comments: