Monday, January 17, 2005

not being quiet

Read on iKat's blog today:
Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr. says "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."

And so there are a couple of things I have to say.

1.) I don't understand why everyone is so quiet about the White House admitting that Saddam did not have WMDs OR the capabilities to make WMDs. We have killed thousands of Iraqis since this war has begun. They only have one hour of electricity for every six hours. It is too dangerous for people running for office to campaign. This breaks me heart in such a way that I usually have to distract my mind with something cheerful so I don't start crying.

1a.) Iraq loses the amount of people we lost in 9/11 every month. Every month. And they had NO TIES TO AL QAEDA. Well, then they didn't. But in response to our tactics, now they do. This is a tragedy.

2.) Why aren't the commanding officers -- or whoever was in command -- standing trail with regards to Abu Ghraib? Yes, I think that the people who did the tormenting should be punished, but even more so WHO EVER GAVE THE COMMAND deserves the toughest sentencing along with the public humiliation of having their names and faces smeared across all the newspapers. That they can hang their charges out to dry while the HIDE BEHIND THE CURTAINS OF POWER makes me sick. It also completely tarnishes the integrity of our military. We should all be ashamed and outraged.

3.) Why are elections going to be carried out in Iraq. While I hope for a democratic nation for the Iraqis, it seems to me that following through with the current deadline is utter INSANITY.

I know there are no died-in-the-wool conservatives who read my blog, but if there were here is what I would say: please search your heart. Please search your heart. Please search your heart.

No comments: