Thursday, January 20, 2005

productivity hacks

» Getting Back to Work
Getting Back to Work: A Personal Productivity Toolkit has got some great tips on how to beat procrastination, how to help you focus on the work at hand, how to get more done in less time, and how to get back to the fun things in your life more quickly, too.
Procrastination is the reward for not doing work.

If you work hard all year, what can you look forward to? Your vacation. Procrastination is like taking that vacation right now. If you can't take a vacation at the end of a year of hard work, you might as well take it now because there is no reward for finishing your work.
» Getting Things Done!
How Mark Taw integrates the Getting Things Done method in his daily work routine.

» Get Back to Work
One of my challenges is that I work online. I gotta have the internet to do my work. BUT... I also have something I like to call ADHWOTID Attention Deficit Hey What's on the Internet Disorder.

Last week I created a new home page for my browser -- a peaceful photo of a beautiful room with a buddha statue with the reminder to "abandon confused activity of body, speek and mind." And that is a step in the right direction, but this Mark Taw guy definitely did me one better.

His browser home page is an action-based reminder. And that's just what I needed.

No comments: