Wednesday, January 12, 2005

overheard

Somehow we'd gotten on the subject of car discrimination. You know, people who judge others by what they drive. While the stereotype that springs to mind is of those that judge others who drive pieces of crap, I was remarking how reverse snobbery can factor in, too, as we have a friend who is a notorious reverse-snob: if you drive a luxury car you are obviously the spawn of satan's stupider [heh] sibling. From this, somehow, the subject of the Hummer came up.

Kurt: If I had an extra $70,000, I'd buy one. But I would use it for what it was made for.
Emdot: Traversing the sand dunes in Iraq?

Later...

Kurt: No, but seriously, I'd use it for what it was made for.
Emdot: [silence, aka the sound of me biting my lip]
Kurt: Serious off-roading!!!
Emdot: [feigning mock horror] AKA killing the snowy plover?

No comments: