Saturday, January 15, 2005

what makes a favorite?

My all time favorite song? This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody) by Talking Heads. Not my most played song. Not on constant rotation. Not on a lot of my playlists. But still, has been my Marya song for the last 15 years. What is it about this song? So sweet. Such the perfect soundtrack. And by the way, if this post inspires you to pull out some Talking Heads, don't forget to listen to City of Dreams. Another sweety.

On my list of concerts/artists that are must sees in my book: David Byrne and Zap Mama.(coincidentally zap mama is on db's label).

ressies

I mentioned before that I had some serious resolutions for 2005. I'm so excited about all of them! I have two books that fell into my hands at the turn of the year -- and I strongly believe in Seredipity. And so I share them with you as well... if you are in need of a kick in the butt, deep inspiration, figuring it out, getting organized, getting motivated, developing urgency, or remembering what you are all about:

» Finding Your True North Star by Martha Beck
If you are like me you will find this book is nothing short of amazing. If you take the time to read it and more importantly, take the time to do the exercise, you will notice your heart quicken and things become more clearer with your goals.

» Getting Things Done by David Allen
I've got the ever prolific Merlin Mann to thank for this one. I am a Merlin Mann fan. (Anyone who has a list of absurdities corralled by the number five is sure to be a favorite of mine.). Mann's site 43Folders has turned into a rssfeed-postitnote-of-reminderishness for me. Through it I found about about Allen's book and will be taking the necessary steps to comply in a week or two.

2005 is all about kicking butt, action, and making conscientious decisions to go for IT.

No comments: