Thursday, August 11, 2005

every cat dreams


every cat dreams
Originally uploaded by emdot.

to sleep, perchance to dream

Via del.icio.us I found this great article on sleeping from Harvard magazine. (244 other people found it interesting, too.)

I'm one of those people who wishes I could get by on five hours of sleep. Okay. In all honestly, I often get by on just five hours of sleep. But my aunt? That's all my aunt needs. I'm pretty good with 7+.

According to this article though, eight hours of sleep boost our immune systems, make us more productive, and thinner.

I know that when I don't get enough sleep I need to eat more.

I am a sucker for staying up late. I think my perfect schedule would have me hitting the hay somewhere around 1AM and getting up around 8:30. But come on, that's not really feasible in the (get out your quote fingers) "real world."

So instead I tend to tuck myself in between 1 and 2 and wake up around 7:30. Probably not on the road to Health and Wellness, hmm?

So... I'm going to try to get more sleep. Starting tomorrow night. Of course.

» Read the article Deep into Sleep

No comments: