Tuesday, August 09, 2005

sweetdogk's lucky cat


sweetdogk's lucky cat
Originally uploaded by emdot.
I really should be on the road by now. I need to get to work. I've got a lot of things on my plate and less time, it seems, to get them done.

But. This morning. This morning I feel a bit blown over by life -- I don't mean by what I need to get done. I mean... by the delicacy of life. I've had tears in my eyes twice this morning. Not sad tears... how to explain? Just those recognition tears of how all of this is so damn delicate. And resilient. And open and raw and so sharply beautiful.

God, I'm such a chick. And I'm glad for that.

This weekend was fun. Ozomatli on Saturday and the Wallflowers on Sunday. Dan's friend Dave was in town and Dave is one of those cool cats who has something interesting to say and lives his life to ... not just a different drummer... to a whole different instrument. So we all went to Ozomatli (cannot type it without hearing the chant Ohhh Zohhh Mahhht Li) (with SloGrl, too) and boogied up a storm. Busted out a bottle of champagne and toasted my new job. It was fun. Sunday was hanging out with Matt who I haven't seen in forever. There is a nice, quiet ease there; the type that comes from knowing someone from way back when.

Okay, now? Now I must get to work. I hope some magical faeries come to my house and clean it while I'm gone. Am crossing fingers in hopes that they strengthen the probability of said faeries showing up. I'm sure that will help.

No comments: