Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Something you should know about me



Originally uploaded by emdot.
Something you should know about me

I am pretty crappy when it comes to toughing it out through low blood sugar. And in fact, it can sometimes hit me by surprise. Today I crashed in about fifteen minutes. I had yogurt and cereal for breakfast around 10. I had a latte around noon. And around 2:30 I hadn't realized I hadn't eaten and started to feel tired. But within, I swear to God, ten minutes I was fully bonking (suffering from low blood sugar): I could barely keep my eyes open; I could have gone to sleep immediately at my desk; I couldn't focus. And I think it would have been a very bad idea for me to drive myself to get a sandwich.

All those people who can skip meals? I envy them. Those that can just have a bit to eat here and there? I envy them too.

Me? You'll find me acting loopy right before my head hits the desk.

_____

I almost got into a car accident today. It was the first time a close call completely pissed me off. I was entering a parking lot. A Ford F250-type of truck was parked on the street, past the parking lot entrance. As I entered, he kicked his car into reverse and floored his truck. He obviously hadn't looked into his rearview mirror. He missed me by inches. I stopped my car and my heart was beating and it took all my willpower not to follow that guy and say "you almost hit me!!" I've never reacted like that to something. I'm glad I had my wits to just keep going.

----

I can't tell you why by parts of our county are having a skunk epidemic. There's one at my office. Skunks are natural carriers of rabies, so everyone is trying to catch the skunks and then they are put down. Poor skunkies.

No comments: