Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I heart Jenna Fischer

Jenna Fischer (Pam from The Office) has a blog on TV Guide about how to make it as an actor. I saw a link to it from Kottke and the part he chose to quote kinda stopped me in my tracks:
"I have a great acting coach who says that success in Hollywood is based on one thing: opportunity meets readiness. You cannot always control the opportunities, but you can control the readiness. So study your craft, take it seriously. Do every play, every showcase, every short film, every student film you can get. Swallow your pride. Be willing to work for nothing in things you think are stupid. Make work for yourself. Make your own luck. Don't complain. Hopefully, the work will find you if you are ready."
This is how we should all approach everything.

» Of Office Emmy Cheers and Acting Careers

No comments: