Monday, February 12, 2007

There is no complaint choir in SLO Town and it makes me mad

My new favorite thing: the complaint choir. I saw the link today on Kottke and I gotta say — so so brilliant. Sing your woes, people! Sing your woes. And if you are interested in starting a Complaint Choir in San Luis Obispo, please contact me.

Ideas for lyrics:

It costs too much to buy a house
It costs too much to buy a house
It costs too much to buy a house
I'll be renting all my life

It costs too much to buy a house
Chainstores are taking up the downtown
It costs too much to buy a house
And the chainstores are taking up downtown

It costs too much to buy a house
All the food I like is fattening
It costs too much to buy a house
And the restaurants close too early

At night the raccoons taunt my cat
My neighbors don't take out the trash
It's not hard and it doesn't hurt
But I'm the one taking bins to the curb

It costs too much to buy a house
We pay extra tax on gas
I try not to drive my car too much
And I'm always taking out the trash

...

I could go on but 7s just called and I should be home by now! That can be the start of his complaint song. :)

Seriously. Watch the videos of the choirs. They made me very happy.

Need even more happiness (at this rate there will be no complaint choir)... check out this awesome sled dog photo from Montana Raven. I love love love love love this picture. :)

No comments: