Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Jeff and Rebel at Brunch


Jeff and Rebel at Brunch
Originally uploaded by yellerbelly.
Live Oak's Camp Happy Facers Begin the Stirring
From Rebel:
Um...so, I thought that I was supposed to fly out this morning at 1am yet, when I consulted my itinerary while packing my bags last night, I realized that I was going to be 24 hours late....as a result, flight has been rescheduled for this evening and I arrive in SLO at about half past one tomorrow afternoon at which point I will make my way in the general direction of the Stab where, if it is okay, I will dump my monster bags and stumble off exhausted and looking for sustanance at Gus´s...therefore, lets postpone Gus´s beverages until then, shall we? Can´t wait to see you rat bastards one and all! I come baring homemade tamales with me that I made with the house mum here, Lucy! Any takers?

details...

Thu, Jun 16: AMERICAN AIRLINES, AA 3003
From: LOS ANGELES, CA (LAX) Departs: 12:35pm
To: SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA (SBP) Arrives: 1:39pm
Meanwhile, I'm Getting Ready, Too

This morning has got me running around crazily as well. Work -- yes -- will start in five minutes. But meanwhile I had to deal with camping logistics. My camping gear was the victim of some nasty rain and some accompanying mildew. Am tackling situation as I type. Everything's been through the wash (except for the thermarest). Now everything is spread out all over my back deck and driveway. The tent has been temporarily erected (it seems to have escaped the rain and mildew problem -- but I have to air it out and double check) as well.

Lexicon de los Amigos

My friends and I have two formal phone signs off. The friendly one simply goes like this:

Person one: "Okay. Love!"
Person two: "Love!"
-click- -click-

The still friendly but cloaked in double meaning is this:

Person one: "Okay. Love you."
Person two: "Okay. Okay. I'll call you later."
-click- -click-

Somehow "Love!" means you are great and this has been a great conversation; talk to you later." and "Love you" means, dude I gotta get off the phone. Now.

No comments: