Sunday, June 26, 2005

rebel watches my boyfriend


rebel watches my boyfriend
Originally uploaded by emdot.
Today was a good day.

One, I got two -- count them two testimonials in Flickr. I suppose that stuff shouldn't matter to me, but I'm a sucker for the pat on the back, I tell you! So, it was really a great way to start the day.

Two, I finally kicked some ass on a project I'd been dragging my heals on. I worked on it all weekend, and then, this morning realized I had lost my content document. You don't understand: I don't do things like that. I never lose a file. Probably the last time I lost a file of this magnitude was 5 years ago. Either that or I have suppressed the other memories. :) Anyway, I think because it was all so fresh in my mind I was able to repurpose existing content. PHEW! And still get a lot of work done. That was brutal, but turned out okay in the end. (Richard, if you are reading this, I left that part of the info out this morning.).

Three, Dan and Slogrl just popped by. I was supposed to be off doing something else, but that fell through. So I was around when they stopped by. Very nice to hang out with them. :)

Four, and this is a great way to round out the day, one of my photos (this photo, right over there in the top right portion of this post) was spotlighted (spotlit?) on the Utata.org blog. :) With the amazing talent that lives over there, I was pretty much blown away that one of my photos was chosen. I tell ya... things like this just spread the smile right across the face, don't they? :)

Utata.org is a new group blog that I am going to be a part of. It's in its infancy, but I highly recommend everyone to bookmark it now. It's going to be a group photoblog with lots of content and columns and excellent photography. Sure to be a hit. It's still getting rounded out, but do go and check it out. It is brought to you by the Utata flickr group, but is the brainchild of Catherine Jamieson and the blood, sweat, and tears of Irina Souiki (god love 'em).

No comments: