Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Squared Circle: Bubble


Squared Circle: Bubble
Originally uploaded by emdot.
I called the bubble!

{warning: I have been writing all day long and I think my brain has short circuited when it comes to grammar and spelling, so go easy on my run-on sentences and poorly crafted strings of words tonight; thank you.}

I got a really cool email today from a woman who works on the Marketplace web site. Marketplace is a public radio show that focuses on business news. Today they featured a piece on the housing market -- specifically on the potential of a housing bubble -- and they used one of my flickr images to illustrate the web page about the segment. Thassright: an emdot image!

The cool thing is that my image was able to be used because on Flickr I use a Creative Commons Copyright. I really believe in Creative Commons and have such wonderful sites such as Flickr and boingboing.net to thank for letting me in on the goodness which is the CC usage rights.

» Learn about Creative Commons here.

The other cool thing is that I have been crowing about the housing market for more than two years. I am astounded that more people are not up in arms about the amazing inflation that has taken over our housing sitatuation. That's right people, I'll use big-I word and I'll do so because it is true. Inflation is running rampant in our neighborhoods and the only reason I can think of for people not going into anaphylactic shock over it is because of the amount of money homemakers are making on this disgusting trend.

So, I feel proud that my image is being used to illustrate an issue that is near-and-dear to my lowly renter's heart.

» Check out the Marketplace web page featuring my humble bubble.

No comments: