Sunday, June 12, 2005

one of the sweetest interviews i've ever heard

Kit Armstrong, 13-year-old concert pianist. Listen, anyone who writes a chicken sonata ("it's a sonata dedicated to chickens and about chickens"; the movement featured is called "Chicken Parade" and inspired by Armstrong's own two chickens, named nitrogen and carbon)and says he loves math "tremendously" and giggles gently at himself when he flubs a few notes on a national radio show... well... what's not to love?

I'm not really a classical music person and have been known to turn off my radio in the afternoons in a huff cuz that's when all the expletively incessant classical music comes on. But I kind of chalk my classical-non-love up to not understanding classical music. I love going to the symphony (especially when played outside on a warm summer night), but it grates on my nerves when it's on the radio. YET, yet, a sweet 13-year-old prodigy won my heart, or at least a brief part of my attention span, today on the radio. Listen, listen. It's only 10 minutes long and will put a big smile on your face.

» Listen to the Kit Armstrong interview

No comments: