Friday, January 02, 2004

idle chatter

i'm teaching myself dreamweaver and stylesheets. finally. been coding by hand for far too long. and never seemed to have the time to sit down and learn them. funny, following tutorials gives me anxiety. why?

there is no "food" in my house. meaning, no easily sliceable/heatable/toastable edibles. so was just now forced to cook. must go to store and fill up on the sliceable/heatable/toastable varietals.

has anyone seen cold mountain? you can try to resist renee zellweger, but she is a really good actress. or is that scene stealer? and i want everyone to know my feet are still firmly planted in my fourteenth year, as i would quite willingly watch any movie with jude law. can i get an adolescent sigh?

meanwhile, the cd is really good. jack white (of white stripes) is both in the movie and all over the soundtrack. if you loved O Brother and/or Songcatcher, this is a cd for you.

and speekina trads... when are songs trad and when are they standards? do standards ever become trad?

jeanne asked what we're listening to (is that right? jeanne?) and lately i've been ensconsed in 30s-40s-50s standards. heard a fresh air show featuring johnny mercer's biographer, so have been listening to a lot of johnny mercer (one for my baby and one more for the road). not sure how long this will hold up, but i did get the chords to "king of the road" (not johnny mercer... roger miller) so played that on my geetar five or eleven times this morning.

np: wings over america. i heart mccartney. also. realized i lost my best of elo cd. must rebuy. i have one foot in trad/standards, one foot in cheesy 70s softrock. this is not a good omen for two thousand and four. neither is my lack of editing on this blog.

big question: when am i getting my kittens?!

No comments: