Sunday, July 11, 2004

bron-yr-mar

Today I'm working. But in the background I've got Led Zeppelin (The Complete Studio Recordings) and, god — this might be perfection. Especially Physical Grafitti. While I like the rockers, it's Bron-Yr-Aur (not Stomp), Down By the Seaside, and Ten Years Gone that make my lips curl up. Did you know that Rolling Stone called Kashmir "tiresome" when PG first came out? Blasphemy. Stupid Rolling Stone.

Meanwhile, I wonder why no one's written an article or short story about High Schools and the long reign of Stairway to Heaven as The Last Dance. When did it start? Immediately when the album came out? A year later? When did it end? I graduated in 1984 (cough cough) and we were still squarely (meaning solidly) ending the dances with Stairway... weren't we? Or have those all blended into one long slow-dance memory? Those funny last slow dances. The swaying giving way to awkward speeding up for the rock finish. Heh.

So, my class is not having a 20-year reunion. How? How does that happen? Complete apathy? This is just strange because my class (in my memory, anyway) was really close. And our last reunion was surprisingly fun (as reunions go). It was so great to see everybody. And while I would have liked to have gone to 1983's reunion (high school bf was in that class), I just took it for granted that my class would be convening. So strange. My theory is that there are a handful of super successful people who can't be bothered to come. And there are a handful of unsuccessful people who can't bear to come. And the rest of us have a bad case of Apathetica. How strange. Will we be kicking ourselves?

I can't believe I just outed my own age on this blog. I'm such a blabbermouth.

No comments: