Sunday, July 18, 2004

thoughts that echo and haunt

simply stated by bean:
late night wonderings find me wondering about the nature of my expectations.
  • I hold that folks can and ought to be living to their maximum potential.

  • I find that most are just gliding by not paying attention, some arrogantly so.

I get injured at every crossing of this gap.
i know that i pay pretty close attention, and i feel that this is part of my touch on being in love with life and the world. but the maximum potential one is where i really struggle. i've recently found all sorts of inner dialogue that runs through my head like little rats heading to their favorite alleyway for the big put-down dinner. and so, being the overly earnest emdot (what other kind of emdot could i be?) i will tell you: this is my goal. to be friendly with these thoughts. invite them to a real supper. make my peace and then see where that leads me. what is the maximum potential? you can't help but ponder this with a little smile that just kind of creeps up and lightens the face.

No comments: