Saturday, July 24, 2004

hodge podge

The Cracks. Woodencracker never fails to make me smile. His latest SLO Town photos are very sky related. Maybe things are looking up? Or maybe the sky's the limit? This photo makes it look as if the sky's been creased and then lazily unfolded. This one makes me think of prayer flags. All I know is that I'm glad he's posting again. And Cracks, six-six? Really? I woulda thought more like six-four-ish. But then, whenever I run into the Cracker he's most usually sitting down infront of Starbucks or Uptown. And/or surrounded by women. This guy is a girl's guy (as opposed to lady's man?) by all accounts. Tell me if I'm wrong.

Snaggly Teeth. You know, it's the little things that sometimes just crack me up. Like my kitten's (soon to be full-fledged cat) newly developed snaggle teeth. I love snaggle teeth on cats. So, combined with the longest cat tail in recorded history, he may be the cutest cat on earth. Either that or I am totally biased. I'd put up a picture to prove myself right, but unfortunately, though he may be the cutest cat on earth, he is also the least photogenic cat, if not on earth, than surely in San Luis Obispo County.

Coo Coo Ca Choo. And then you've got the walruss whiskers. While Chapes might have the longest tail, Charlotte's got the longest whiskers. They are about three times the length of her face. And they curl. Down. And she bleats like a lamb. And, actually, when I think of it, she's a lot nicer than Chapes. Less assuming. More adventurous. Chapin is turning into a lazy-ass warlord: he'll decide when Charlotte can come inside, sleep on the bed, play with the toys. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Somebody's got to stop him. And that somebody would be me if I were not hypnotized into giving him whatever he wants every time I look at those little snaggle teeth. So. Damn. Cute.

Backyard BBQ. My neighbors have been hammering away for the last couple of weeks. They have a great backyard filled with persimmon trees, lemon trees and purple irises. And now it seems they have a new-fangled pizza oven slash barbeque. And I got invited to come over this afternoon for its christening charfest. Bringing bread dough or pizza toppings. Can't wait. I love my block. Best block in SLO.

No comments: