Wednesday, July 07, 2004

nyet nyet soviet

Well, kids. I've got nothing. My brain seems to be only filled with the most trivial and/or the most embarassing drivel. I'll spare you the eye rolls and myself the shame and just not share.

Meanwhile, things are pretty good here on the home front. It was great to be out of town, but I'm glad to be back. I've lived in my home for 9 months and only just now put up pictures (okay — that said, I did put up my paintings right away, but the picture thing seemed to slip through the cracks.). Amazing what a coupla pictures can do for an abode. And/or commode.

So, my life is focused yet the only things I seem to have to share are the most trivial. Like songs that make me salivate (currently very hot for Lambchop and Harry Nilsson). (Regarding Lambchop, extra bonus points for naming those CDs "Aw C'mon" and "No You C'mon" as "c'mon" is I think my very favorite word ever.). I had a huge Retro-Flashback Weekend where I seemed to only play music circa 1988 - 1991. Which was fun and very sing-a-long-y. And totally transported me back to Nostalgia Wonderland. Sigh. Those were some good times.

And speekina the young and naive and hopeful and wonder-eyed (oh God, I said I wasn't going to embarass myself), I can't wait to see Before Sunset. See? Nostalgia Wonderland. I am such a sucker. If this blog was not so traceable to my real name and if the people I know and love didn't read my blog I would totally regale you with stories of ridiculous times steeped in the early 20s. But it is traceable and people I know do read, and I can't embarrass myself that much. I have some pride. While I don't mind getting older, I kind of wish I knew how special the magic that seemed to fill my life at that time was. I would have paid more attention. And maybe would have stood still a little longer.

Meanwhile. Lambchop. Gawd. Love them. What are they like? Kind of like Leonard Cohen and Vic Chestnut marinated in strings and dreamland. They do an awesome cover of "You're going to make it after all" (the theme from the Mary Tyler Moore show), which is good for something, I am sure. Meanwhile, when are The Graves coming out with a new CD? It's about time Greg Olin: get on it! Your fans are hungry. Meanwhile, Curb Your Enthusiasm is my favorite carcrash gawking zone. I hate Larry David as he plays Larry David. Really. I have to basically watch that show with the blanket over my head yelling "no! no! no!" at the TV or "Shut!Up!Larry!" all the while cringing and ohmygoding. I like to finish it up by saying, "Can we watch another?!"

No comments: