Tuesday, September 28, 2004

party_talk


party_talk
Originally uploaded by R.bean.
It's the little things.

I love seeing the new little snippets my pals upload to Flickr. It's like a peek into another life. It's like visually seeing an overheard conversation. I love glimpses of other.

I love being self employed and being able to start my day in any way or at any time. This morning KB meandered over for a post-early-morning-meeting convo. (She's working from home). I started making some coffee and talked about how I wanted to go to Staples (new under-desk foot rest needed).

I love under-desk footrests. So we jumped in the car to do a little office shopping which we cut with a sidetrip into Utopia (deeeelisheeeusss) for a little extra-tasty carbo load. I love Utopia Bakery.

Then, we decided that to start the morning off perfectly we should watch a little Sex & the City before fully committing to work day.

I love a spontaneous 28-minute entertainment detour. God love the people who invented DVDs and decided to package up our favorite TV shows. (For someone who does not watch a lot of TV I sure love to talk about it.) (Me thinks I doth protest too much.)

I love making up my own punctuation. What is up with all the parentheticals?

I love "the big heart episode." My new favorite S&TC is The Domino Effect. Lemme tell you why. Number one: Robert. So sexy I find myself biting my hand when he is on the screen. Gaaahhhhh. Carrie and Big. I totally relate to the tear burst with Big's heart surgery ("what? is he in line to get one?" from Miranda). I totally relate to her resignation at the end. Hurt, man, it'll close you right up.

But it was fun, talking back to the TV, eating our Carbo Deliciousness and then heading off to start the new day.

I love the fall. Autumn is beyond beautiful. The sky is a more beautiful blue. The air has a bite of nippy in the mornings and at night. The trees are just beginning to fade. And the air smells wonderful.

No comments: