Monday, September 13, 2004

whoops; was going to wait until this evening

I have to put new parameters on what I can do during the work day. My hunch is email and blogging should not be high on my list. Normally, because I am ferverently attached to my new non-corporate lifestyle, I don't work full time. But... but... but... these next few weeks? More than full time. So no time to blog.

But I've got eight minutes. So just a few thoughts.

What is with this nostalgic train ride? I think it is beginning to subside. Thank dawg. It all started in May, running into Watson and S. every damn place imaginable in San Luis Obispo. Which was weird and funny and then spooky. And then creepy. It was everywhere: while giving blood, and trader joes, and impromptu community movie night, and post office corners. Even on the Jennifer Street Bridge. Just weird. (Granted, I was taking yoga classes from S. which wasn't weird... but ended up making me feel weird, even though she is one of the nicest people you will ever meet in your life; he did good.). Then, there was my HS reunion which was really fun and sweet and I love them all. And, for the most part, my whole class looks really good and they're all terminally nice. Which is a good type of terminal, I guess. Then, there were snippets of chance meetings with people I knew back when or was acquaintances with back when. Then, there was the letter I sent out last week (and got a great letter back). That meant a lot. And this morning I got another letter from an old high school friend which ... wow... All I can say is that people blow me away. But good god: how much nostalgia can one person take in four months worth of time?

And all I can think of is that this is not a coincidence. I feel like... I feel like some loose ends are being wrapped up. I feel like some little heartbreaks are being healed (not romantic heartbreaks... I think more of the... lost connection heart break). And maybe this is life freeing me up, priming me for something really wonderful and fabulous?

Well, a girl can dream.

Other little tidbits and then I'm putting my nose to the grindstone:
  • Zap Mama = perfect best time start your day off right morning music. ever.

  • I love driving out to Los Osos. It totally makes me happy. As stated a million times before in this blog. I am such a repeater.

  • I love dessert for breakfast (unfortunately). This morning it is Venti Mocha Frappacino lite. (yeah yeah yeah, I know, Starbucks, foul. But whatever.).

  • Please listen to that Father Boyle link below. I listened to it again. It's very moving.

  • I love everyone. Am sending out shouts to all.

No comments: