Saturday, November 06, 2004

good morning america how are ya?

I just decided that this is going to be a Lyle Lovett morning. God damn but I love Lyle Lovett. I was never a Julia Roberts fan... that is until she married Lyle. And while I didn't think she deserved him then, I thought, well, Julia can't be all bad.

The first time I ever saw Lyle was on the Today show back in 1989. I can tell you that because he really made an impression and I remember telling the guy I was seeing at the time all about him. He nodded in agreement, but I now know he nodded in agreement about a lot of things and prolly didn't have a whole lot going on upstairs.

A few months later I was seeing someone else. God I liked this guy. And it was all that beginning butterfly-gaaah feeling when you can't keep your hands or your eyes off of each other. We had tickets to see Rickie Lee Jones and Lyle was opening. We had dinner beforehand and were so butterfly-gaaah that it took all of our collective energy to peel ourselves away and get to the show. We caught Lyle's last two songs and encore.

And while that guy and I eventually broke up, my love for Lyle continued.

- - - - -

Thursday I posted a photo to Flickr and 24 hours later it had gotten 1000 hits. As of this writing it's gotten over 1600. I don't know how it happened, all those hits. Did the link get forwarded in an email? Did someone post it on their blog? I don't know. I did have to delete a comment from someone who didn't seem to be a real flickr member -- he smelled suspicious. I sent him the following email:
I just deleted your comment because I couldn't tell if you are an actual Flickr member or a troll.

If you are an actual, participating Flickr member I apologize. I'm all for people expressing their opinions, but would like to minimize harrassment or trolling from people who might just sign on to be vocal.
He didn't write or respond back, he's got no photos up or information about himself and no contacts, so I'm guessing he lives under some bridge harrassing unsuspecting billygoats.

- - - - -

Since the election two of my friends have started up blogs of their own. One I know was in response to 11/2 (How funny if the election had happened on November 9th and then we disenfranchisedistas could refer to it as 11/9) (Hold your horses anyone wanting to flame me about that -- I know the two aren't comparable. Lighten up.). The other... I'm not sure what spurred her on but already just two posts into it and it is fluid and rolling.

- - - - -

Yesterday I bathed myself in Yes Yes Okay Okay by Graves frontman Greg Olin. What I love about this CD (and the last, Love Love Love) it's like Olin is whisper-singing the lyrics right into your ear. He's lovely and his lyrics are delicious. Yesterday's favorite = We'll lie down with virgins and make incredible conversions / We'll lie down on our backs / do all the math and we'll have / strength in numbers. Listen here.

No comments: