Saturday, November 06, 2004

Jim moved away


Jim moved away
Originally uploaded by emdot.
Our new neighbors began to move in today. "What are they like?" Kristin (who is another neighbor... not just another neighbor but THE neighbor) asked, calling from Bret's house.

"I dunno," I told her, "but GK said they were a young couple."

"Meh," said Kristin. "I want a nice, old man."

"Me too," I said.

Our neighbor Jim moved away last week. He was great. He liked to pretend he was cantankerous and hated cats, but he was super quick with a smile and when he didn't realize we were looking, we could see he'd keep the backdoor open so the cats could meander in and hang out in his livingroom.

He lives in Bend now. That makes three people I know who've moved to Bend in the last 12 months. It must be great there.

And speekina Oregon, I once again wrapped my ears with the Graves Yes Yes Okay Okay. S'funny, cuz (as I've mentioned a million times before) I loved Love Love Love. So much so that I bought YYOKOK three months ago. Listened partway once and could not bring myself to listen again. I didn't want to bear the heartbreak of disappointment.... But since yesterday it's been all Graves all the time and I am once again singing the Olin praises.

No comments: