Sunday, May 07, 2006

fancy footwork


fancy footwork, originally uploaded by emdot.

I am procrastinating. I hate it when I do this. It feels outside myself. I know I could knock it off.

In my pursuit of furthering my procrastinatory perfection, I went through a file called "need to file." I don't even know what half of this stuff is. I found this... I wrote it over a year ago, but I have no idea why or what inspired me. It's a little embarrassing. But that is what blogs are for, isn't it? Embarrassing ourselves for a later, eye-covered future?

I like

  • Birds and trees. I go through stages of certain favorites. My current favorite bird is a crane. Almost any crane will do, but I like the subtly of the Sandhill Crane.
  • My current favorite tree is a white-barked eucalyptus, they are like lazy-day sentinals with mottled muted trunks that remind me of whales or dolphins underwater.
  • I like that my cat is a talker. He comes into the house and he offers a meow to see if I am home.
  • I like the light in the mornings.
  • I like paper. I like ink and paper. I like bookbindings and pages.
  • I like a book with a good cover design.
  • I like when people call me Mar. So familiar and friendly.


  • -----------

  • symphony, a play, a speaker -- i like going to the hall, sitting there and soaking it in
  • pops - summer outdoor at night concert
  • santa barbara county bowl
  • margaritas
  • dancing
  • that after yoga feeling
  • the familiar
  • crinkly eyes, crooked grins
  • a knowing glance
  • big sur
  • beer at dusk
  • live oak music festival
  • summer morning
  • hometown smell
  • old people who hold hands
  • arm over the shoulder
  • belonging
  • performing
  • how light filters differently through
  • different windows -- different directions, different shades
  • the arches in my fathers house
  • andrea scher, keri smith
  • open-handed potential of beginning a new trip
  • airports
  • speed
  • dancing
  • the love poems of e. e. cummings
  • connecting with a (new to me) poet
  • the cleverness and irreverence of ogden nash
  • singing
  • skiing
  • holding hands
  • nuzzling with my nose
  • clotheslines
  • wide open sky and expanse of prairie
  • towers of mountains
  • male facial hair
  • male body hair
  • down pillows
  • wine
  • personal sacred spaces
  • double rainbows
  • shorts every day
  • barefeet
  • hand on the small of my back
  • santa ana winds


No comments: