Monday, May 17, 2004

ai yi yi

i've been slowly returning to yoga. in march i took an intro class, really trying to facilitate the guy i was seeing getting into yoga. i think he liked it. i can't tell if he was just doing it for me. but what happened instead was that i refound my yoga practice. and thank god because my body is not only stiff, but not very strong.

so i took some intro classes which are great (if you already know yoga) in making you feel like, wow -- not so bad! i can still do it....

that is til you get to a normal class. which i did last saturday (taught by my ex's wife... and i wonder if enough time goes by where an ex is no longer ex simply because it was a whole nother life when you knew each other? even tho he is my ex with the capital E. so who knows). she is a great teacher. i think i like her more than my ex, whom i've always been fond of.

but she kicked my ass. kicked it. and all day yesterday i was walking aroung oohing and owing, slowly coming the realization that my triceps and pecs have been reawakened from the dead and were none to happy about it.

so i gave myself a day of rest and returned for more ancient indian abuse this morning. yeowza. an hour and a half later and my muscles are already screaming. actually, more like a moan and a sob. my muscles are sobbing.

and you know what? i'm stoked. really stoked. really stoked to get back into it. really stoked to be getting out of my comfort(-able recliner pass me the remote) zone. so yeah. the muscles are shaking. the muscles are tight... but i think that might change semi soonly.

meanwhile, it is Free Week all week at the Yoga Centre. So you too can get back into the zone. summon your muscles back from the dead, breathe life into them, hear them moan and sob and feel really damn good about it.

» it's free week!

No comments: