Sunday, May 09, 2004

a couple three things

mother's day was fun. My mom and I are great meandering cohorts. I like to meander. She likes to meander. We meander well. So today was a lazy lacksidaisical Mother's Day which started with the "I don't know, what do you want to do" variety of suggestions and ended with us cruising up highway one to Cambria. First off, lunch at Robin's with the world's maddest waitress. Oh man. She was pissed. And we tried to not take it personally (you know, who really needs a water glass refilled or even a drink order at all?) and then to kill-her-with-kindess (we tipped 25% — think of it as a tip for humanity; maybe it cheered her up; let's hope so). [sidenote 1: this is the first and only bad wait experience we've ever had at Robin's and we've eaten there a lot]. [sidenote 2: food was awesome!]. Then it was this shop and that shop which were followed by this idea and that idea for a myriad of fun little creative projects.

Hat tip: The Paper Omelette. This is the store I wish I had. She lives the life I should be living. This store is Yum. Paper yum. Inky yum. Dreamy creamy book blissery yum. Get thy butt there and pronto.

church of dance. Heh-heh-hello. Tonight was the first ever Dance Church at the Yoga Centre and it was fuh-hun. Ninety minutes of free form dance to near east, middle east and right-in-the-middle africa beats. This is a new deal, tonight we were Beta Testing the plan and can I just say how stoked I was to be there for Dance Church v. 1.0. Different music each and every Sunday. Sometimes Live. Sometimes DJ. Candles all around the room. Open minds and fluid bodies. And you all need to come and check it out for yourselves.

this place saved. Oh shoot. I know I had a third thought. Hrm. Something something something which was going to be cool and fun and hmmm what else. God. I'm drawing a blank. Blank blank blank. Okay, I'll fill this blank in at a later date.

No comments: