Sunday, December 19, 2004

makers manhattan


makers manhattan
Originally uploaded by bigempty.

estab cocktail party

Tonight was the Estab Cocktail party. In typical emdot fashion, I was on the fence about going until 8:45. C'mon. I've got a reputation to uphold and it is one of party ambivilance. BUT. I rallied and of course it was fun. The highlight? No, the two -- no, three! -- highlights?

First off, catching up with Heather. I miss her (she moved to Berkeley). Heather... she's one of a kind, that girl. And catching up with her is always good.

Second off (wait what huh?)was spending the afternoon with Heather-Dan-and-Jen. Just good catch up time for what's been going on over cheeseburgers (how how how was I ever a vegetarian for so LONG?). I'll leave out all the interesting parts here -- just imagine amazingly juicy conversations filled with gutbusting bursts of laughter. I love these people. Jen's like 22 going on whatever age she happens to find herself surrounded by. So this afternoon she was a very entertaining mid-thirties. The girl's timeless, people.

Third off, the one, the only: super duper J. Joyce shows up at the cocktail party. J's one of those people that melts your heart just by knowing him. Yeah yeah yeah, I'm corny, so sue me. But you know it's the truth. And if you don't know that it's simply because you don't know the him. He's fabulous and funny and smart and perfect. He's perfect! I tell his mother every time I see her.

He's promised to be more active on Flickr. JJ -- you promised! And his blog. (You promised super J. Okay.) ;) If he's not, thassokay too cuz life is rockin' for him and when the life rocks you gotta roll with it.

My ears are still ringing from the party. And dear lord, my feet are still ringing too. I had the "these require a cab" high heels on tonight, but I didn't take a cab. I walked. And ouch ouch ouch. It was good to get home.

No comments: