Tuesday, May 31, 2005

atom and eve


IMG_2818
Originally uploaded by niznoz.
I love Keri Smith's blog. So much wisdom mixed up with a little angst and total optimism. I think I put up a quote I found on her blog a couple of days ago. I hope it's not too soon to put up another.
An elementary particle is not an independently existing, unanalyzable entity. It is, in essence, a set of relationships that reach outward to other things.

— H.P. Stapp, twentieth-century physicist


Interesting thought. And my first question is, what kind of particle would I be? Even better, what kind of element would I be? For that matter, what kind of element would you be?

What would you attract? Would you be a noble gas? Highly reactionary? Stable? Inert? Combustible? Would you be taking in negative ions or scattering them about you? Would you wander far or stay close by?

Good god I've been Emdot the Heavy for the past 48 hours. Hopefully today some of that can start to die down. I hate it when I get too much in my head. But likewise I also like it when people in my life read my blog and call to talk about it and/or call me on my shit.

Last night I got called on said shit and was forced -- in a not necessarily unpleasant way -- to look at my patterns, defenses and habitual whateveryouwannacallits. And I didn't take it all in at face value, but the truth of the matter is: it was pretty accurate. And seriously? To me, that is a big part of friendship. A good friend will support you with honesty and a dose of 20/20 vision.

What you do with it, I guess, is your business. But it doesn't hurt to look.

Why can't my blog be funny like More Than Donuts?

I promise full blown levity in the days that come.

No comments: