Monday, May 30, 2005

more tall flowers


more tall flowers
Originally uploaded by emdot.
everybody grows

So Catherine, my dear friend Catherine, calls to talk about my last blog entry. God love her.

She agrees on both parts: we change and we stay the same. Only she says "we grow, Marya, we grow. Everybody grows."

She went on, "Even at 80. Even at 90. We'll be growing."

Amen. And so true.

Catherine has a friend who just turned 100. One hundred years old. And Catherine has known her for years and years. And for most of the years and years you could not bring up the woman's birthday or age. But turning 100 has changed all that. One hundred years later and the woman learned how to embrace her age.

And while I like that story, here's my fingers crossed that my own learning pattern may be a bit quicker.

No comments: